Saturday, May 2, 2009

Introduction

Hi there! I'm Texas Belle, a proud Texan with more hobbies than I can keep up with. (I also blog over at Myrtlewood Manor about the 1:12 scale house I'm building.) For several years now, I've wanted to keep a garden journal to keep up with the changes taking place in my garden from year to year, and only recently realized that blogging might be a very good way to do this.

Five years ago, our yard consisted of eight 50-60 foot trees and dirt. Since then, I've spent spring and fall of each year planting, pruning, transplanting, mulching and learning a lot about what does and doesn't work in our southeast Texas subtropical climate and sandy, acidic soil. I'll probably write most of my posts during the spring and fall, as I generally take a break from gardening during the hot Texas summer. Most of my posts will probably be fairly photo-heavy. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment