Saturday, May 9, 2009

Today in the Garden

French Hydrangea 'Pink Elf'

This cutie just grows more and more stunning by the day. Also pictured: New Zealand Brake Fern and Maidenhair Fern.

African Iris

A reliable grass-like evergreen. The flowers are just a bonus.

Impatiens

These bloom pretty much year-round for me. One of thse days, I'll replace those ugly white blocks with a more natural-looking moss rock.

Pineapple Guava

I have two of these in my butterfly bed. They're new for me this year (I planted them last fall), and should grow into small ornmental trees. The flowers are apparently edible (I haven't tried yet), and they produce a small fruit in the fall.

Passionflower

Haven't decided whether I'll keep this. The vine is a bit unruly, and it doesn't flower very prolificly for me. When it does flower, they sure are gorgeous, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment